We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Note that this policy only applies to GSEM Clients and not to end users who may purchase products from our Clients through the Simustream Services. If you are an end user of a GSEM Client using the Simustream Services, please contact the GSEM Client with questions about how your information is processed.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, request customer support, use our Services, sign up for promotional emails, apply for a job, or fill out an online form. The types of information we may collect include your name, phone number, email address, a password you create to use the Services, payment information (processed by a third-party payment processor) and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
We also collect some limited information about your end users, on your behalf, when they make purchases through your video content in order to be able to provide you with information such as transaction information, analytics, and confirmations. Such information may include name, email address, demographic information and limited information about the transaction.
Information About Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as analytics about the success rates of your videos in order to provide you performance data, the number of videos and related bandwidth you consume in accordance with your plan, and your preferences when you interact with our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, your general location and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system, and version.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that maybe used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see the “Your Choices” section below.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as plan details, purchase price, product information and date and location of the transaction. We may also collect payment information from you, all of which will be processed solely by a third-party payment processor.
Integrations with Other Technologies
Our Services integrate with other services, technologies, and platforms in order to better help you sell your product. For example, you may choose to sync the Services with eCommerce sites, such as Shopify, payment portals such as Stripe, or other technologies. These integrations may require you to provide information about yourself to such third parties or allow them to access or use such information. Any information you submit or provide to these third parties will be processed in accordance with their privacy policies so please review their privacy policies as well as those of any third parties you integrate our Services with before submitting any information about yourself to those services.
Use of Information About You
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Services, such as to administer your account, and to provide you with insights to help you optimize your use of the Services.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- Process transactions and send you transaction-related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Provide you with insights, analytics, and information to help you optimize your use of the Services and your sales efforts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by GSEM and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of GSEM and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you when information about you was collected.
Sharing of Information About You
We often need to engage third-party companies and individuals (such as analytics and security providers, CRM companies, and cloud infrastructure providers) (“Service Providers”) to help us operate and provide the Services. These Service Providers operate on our behalf and are typically bound by contract not to use information about you or your end users for other purposes. At your request, we may also share information with other third parties (such as payment processors and eCommerce sites) who need to process information about you in order for us to provide the Services. Some of these third parties may use information about you for their own purposes but that is typically because they either have an independent relationship with you or need to process information about you to perform their own services for you. For example, eCommerce sites with whom you may integrate our Services may process some information in order to process the transaction but may also process some information you submit to the Services for their own purposes, subject to your agreement with them and in accordance with your account settings with that third party.
We may also share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- With vendors, consultants and other Service Providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf and provide the services you request;
- With other third parties, as previously described;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of GSEM or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among GSEM and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Retaining Information About You
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations and to improve our Services.
Transfer of Information About You to the U.S. or Other Countries
GSEM is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may request to update, correct, delete, or access information about you at any time, including where residents of the EEA and Switzerland may have specific legal rights to do so, by logging into your online account or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from GSEM by following the instructions in those emails or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our emails. If you optout, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Clients from the European Economic Area and Switzerland
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you(e.g., processing payments for and providing the Services).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to secure and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to do so.
- We need to process your personal data to comply with legal obligations, such as to meet data retention and tax obligations, as well as to demonstrate compliance with certain data protection obligations.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to,or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are in the EEA or Switzerland and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Note: If you want to remove your private information from Simustream, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org