We live in a day and age when most consumers turn online to learn about different types of products and services as well as to make purchases. While content still remains king in the world of digital marketing, its evolution over the last few years is clear. Sure, a number of people still look for the written word, but an increasing number of consumers now rely on videos. It’s not without reason that YouTube is the second most commonly used search engine, only after Google.
Numbers Speak for Themselves
The fact that video marketing is on the rise is plain to see if you look at these numbers collated by HubSpot and OptinMonster.
- More than 75% of marketers say they upload marketing videos on YouTube
- Close to 30% of businesses started giving priority to video marketing in 2019
- More than 30% of brands create two to four videos each month
- Over 80% of video marketers say that videos assist in lead generation
- Close to 90% of video marketers feel that video marketing results in a good return on investment (ROI)
- 80% of video marketers say that video marketing helps increase sales
Types of Lead Generation Videos
Marketers use different styles of videos to improve lead generation for different sectors such as eCommerce, real estate, and law. Depending on what your goals are, you might benefit by using one or more types. The most common ones include:
- Brand videos. Brand videos help highlight what businesses do and the values they represent in the form of stories. By giving your target audience insight into your brand, you increase its desire to find out more. These videos help in establishing trust as well as generating leads.
- Video ads for products and services aim to capture the interest of a target audience. Getting it to share the information you need follows.
- Tutorials help you teach your target audience how to use your products and highlight the problems they solve. When you provide something of value, you increase the likelihood of consumers sharing the information you need.
- Happy customers can work wonders in promoting your brand. This is because sharing positive reviews and experiences of previous customers may help instill a feeling of trust in your target audience. It may then be more willing to part with the information you seek.
The Way Forward
The benefits of using videos for marketing are crystal clear, and it may well be time for businesses to take the next step. Now, you may look forward to generating leads within your video content, where people get to fill out forms even as they continue watching your videos.
Owing to this technology, you may seamlessly connect your content management system (CMS) to your YouTube channel, and create interactive videos that you may easily embed on your website and other online platforms. Once you connect your video content with your favorite lead generation platform, you may expect to see your leads increase by up to 250%.
Given the significant number of people who turn to videos in order to make purchase decisions, it’s crucial for businesses to stay on top of the marketing curve and embrace what this medium has to offer. The fact that you may get your target audience to fill out forms without leaving your videos is a definite plus, and is bound to have a positive effect on lead generation. What’s, important, though is that you collaborate with a company that specializes in this realm.